cert 3 need help big time

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jsmd

cert 3 need help big time

Post by jsmd » Sun May 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi all i am a mother of 2 teenage boys and i have been on the pension for many years now due to learning trouble and having a lower IQ than some but anyhow i want to live my dream and work in day care which i have been very lucky to do and got a job , but what i am having trouble with is a few Question in my cert 3 ,would i post on here the Questions i am not sure about or would i just wait and see if anyone answers me , I am in fact quite proud of myself getting so far , :D any help would be grateful .

here is one of the Questions i am stuck on ,

Gathering information about children`s behavior can often provide valuable insights to when, where and what children are doing. Jacob was a child who was consistently exhibiting inappropriate aggressive behaviours. Shiva the group leader caring for Jacob decided to document when and what Jacob did. Shiva did this by completing an observation tool called an event sample . This allowed Shiva to record Jacobs behaviour as it happened. this also required Shiva to record what preceded and followed even.when Data was collected and analysed it was found that Jacob did not respond well to changes. most events could be tracked to transition time . Jacob was most unsettled when asked to clean up r stop what he was doing. by placing an adult near Jacob during theses trasitions. the inappropriate behaviours were reduced.Jacob felt supported during theses stressful times

what methods do centres use to gather information ?

what methods have you used?

are the methods you used effective? why?

who should you share your findings with ?

how should the information gathered be used ?

it goes on to say if we have never done any of this ask someone who has and get there replies /

thank you all i have about 6 of theses i am not 100% sure of how to answer

Lorina

Re: cert 3 need help big time

Post by Lorina » Mon May 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi Jsmd,

I don't know how difficult it is being a mother, looking after teenage boys and studying but I can just imagine how tough it can be (although time will tell once I start having my own kids)... I 'm happy to guide you with your assignments and support you while you complete your certificate 3.

what methods do centres use to gather information ?

Observations, Anecdotal observations, running records, learning stories, weekly evaluations, photo observations, parent communication, time samples, daily diaries, developmental checklist...etc

what methods have you used?

All the above!

are the methods you used effective? why?

The methods that I have used are effective because it provides me with a tool to collect the evidence I need to assist the child at their current developmental stage. It also provides me with a child's point of view when they are having behavioral problems or just to find out their current interests.

who should you share your findings with ?

I would share my findings to the staff in my room, director and child's parents.

how should the information gathered be used ?

The information gathered should use to help deal with any of the behavioral issues that occur. Now that the problem has been discovered you can begin to implement ways of redirecting the child's behavior.

Have a great night,

:geek:,
L.A
Last edited by admin on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typo

jsmd

Post by jsmd » Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm

thank you so very much u will never know how grateful i am

teau

Post by teau » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:58 am

Is anyone online need help big time!!!
Thanks.
Teau

sarahgamal

Post by sarahgamal » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

hello lorina your words encourage me to study i`m a new mum and i`m stuck in some question i don`t know how can i submit the questions or how can oi contact with you . thanks