cert 111 question CHCCS400A

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jaismum

cert 111 question CHCCS400A

Post by jaismum » Thu May 26, 2011 3:02 pm

q: how to follow policies and procedures and work within a legal and ethical framework.

Hi I'm learning to become a professional childcare worker and my assignment question above is a struggle.
I have to put this in poster form, and present to class.
I am struggling with the best way to put this in words, I know some of the points but feel this is not enough. Could someone please help me the best way to answer this question.
thnks.

Lorina

Re: cert 111 question CHCCS400A

Post by Lorina » Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi Jaismum,

Thought I'd give you a few ideas for the poster you have to create. In how to follow policies and procedures you could provide pictures or information of the following:

- Washing hands regularly.
- Wearing gloves during nappy changes, food handling.
- Maintaining general cleaning duties.
- Providing appropriate programming for children.
- Children and staff wearing hats outside.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment to control the spread of infectious diseases.

I just thought of some policies and procedures which you need to follow in a workplace environment. If you can draw then write a description below each image on how and why you need to follow each of the above points.

For working in a legal and ethical framework you could provide pictures or information of the following:

- Safety and protection of children. For e.g. a carer supervising children climbing on the playground equipment.
- Maintaining confidentiality. For e.g. having a private conversation with a parent in the office.
- Developing positive relationships with families.
- Recognizing and addressing unethical behavior. For e.g. a carer abusing a child.
- Reporting child abuse. For e.g. a child comes to the centre with bruises around their arms.

If you can't draw these pictures try using clip art... hopefully this gives you some help with your assignment.

Let me know how it goes,

:geek:,
L.A

jaismum

Re: cert 111 question CHCCS400A

Post by jaismum » Sat May 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Thankyou so much for your reply, you have been very helpful.
Thanks again. May need your advise again later.