For students wanting to complete a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care Qualification through online study, the following lists are registered training organisations (RTOs) that offer online study. This means that you will be able to complete this qualification online rather than in a classroom setting.
The Diploma Of Early Childhood Education and Care is for those who are interested in working in the early childhood services sector, or who are already working in the field and are responsible for planning, implementing and managing programs in early childhood services.
Diploma Education and Care Jobs
Your career opportunities will expand once you have achieved this qualification. Graduates will be eligible for a variety of roles in early childhood education such as Lead Educator, Group Leader or Childcare Director.
As a Diploma Qualified Education, you are required to work in a team to provide high-quality early childhood education development, learning and care to children. Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Lead the team/room educators to plan, implement, assess and review high quality and diverse educational programs based on appropriate curriculum frameworks and with reference to the NQS, considering the developmental needs, interests and abilities of all the children attending the service.
- Ensure staff and children utilise effective health and hygiene practices, including meeting all regulations relating to food safety and preparation, medical management plans, risk management plans, policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively, ethically and respectfully with other educators, and support each other’s professional development.
- Ensure all practices are in accordance with the NQS and ensure all practices are in accordance with the NQS and reflect the philosophy, policies and procedures of the service.
Your pay rate falls under the Children’s Services Award 2010. This award states the minimum amount that an employer can pay you based on your qualification and your position while working in an early learning centre. Educators with a Cert 3 qualification and who are working as an Assitant Educator within the room will be Level 4.
Each level for childcare wages gives a definition of what is expected of the employee, the qualifications required and the duties of the employee.
- Level 3.4 - (for a Diploma Qualified Educator working as an assistant Educator).
$26.66 per hour
$1012.90 per week
For casual pay rate, it is $33.32/per hour
- Level 4.1 - (for a newly qualified Diploma educator who begins working for the first year with their qualification).
$27.88 per hour
$1059.60 per week
For casual pay rate, it is $34.85/per hour
- Level 4.2 (for the second year of your Diploma qualification)
$28.31 per hour
$1075.80 per week
For casual pay rate, it is $35.38/per hour
- Level 4.3 (for the third year of your Diploma qualification)
$28.73 per hour
$1091.80 per week
For casual pay rate, it is $35.91/per hour
To be awarded a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, a student must successfully complete the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, students must complete 28 units (23 core and five elective units) and current work placement is 360 hours over the course duration.
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety (CHCDIV002)
- Develop cultural competence (CHCECE001)
- Ensure the health and safety of children (CHCECE002)
- Provide care for children (CHCECE003)
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks (CHCECE004)
- Provide care for babies and toddlers (CHCECE005)
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children (CHCECE007)
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice (CHCECE009)
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children (CHCECE016)
- Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood (CHCECE017)
- Nurture creativity in children (CHCECE018)Facilitate compliance in an education and care service (CHCECE019)
- Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour (CHCECE020)
- Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children (CHCECE021)
- Promote children's agency (CHCECE022)
- Analyse information to inform learning (CHCECE023)
- Design and implement curriculum to foster children's learning and development (CHCECE024)
- Embed sustainable practices in service operations (CHCECE025)
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children (CHCECE026)
- Work legally and ethically (CHCLEG001)
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (CHCPRT001)
- Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (HLTAID004)
- Maintain work health and safety (HLTWHS003)
- Support the holistic development of children in early childhood (CHCECE010)
- Provide experiences to support children's play and learning (CHCECE011)
- Use information about children to inform practise (CHCECE013)
- Lead the work team (CHCMGT003)
- Reflect on and improve your own professional practice (CHCPRP003)
Where To Study Diploma Of Early Childhood Education and Care
The following lists RTOs that offer Certificate 3 Education and Care Online. This will give you a few options of where to start looking.
- Duration - 12 months (Online and in-class)
- Entry Requirments - Hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care OR CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Course Features - Blended - Gives brainstorming activities to make the student more opportunities to be flexible in childcare. - Practical exposure. - Guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work, or project-based case studies.
- For more info: Hammond Institute
- Duration 12 Months
- Entry Requirements - Must hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113 or CHC30121). - To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- Course Features - Online - Flexible timings
- For more info: Practical Outcomes
Angel Institute of Education
- Duration - 64 weeks
- Entry Requirements - Prospective students must be at least 18 years of age. -To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs, Angel Institute will conduct a Pre-Training Review. - Required to complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment, administered by and to the satisfaction of Angel Institute
- Course Features - Mentoring from trainers. - Additional classes, tutorials and workshops. - Online support and exercises for some courses - Computer and technology support. - Referral to external support services. - Reasonable adjustment to assessments
- For more info: Angel Institute Of Education
Selmar Institute of Education
- Duration 12 months
- Entry Requirements - To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2. - Victoria and NSW learners — You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC. - Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Course Features - Offer work placement. - Give recognition to prior learning. - Compatible course. - Flexible timing
- For more info: Selmar Institute Of Education
- Duration - Maximum 24 months - 240 hours of work placement
- Entry Requirements - A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR - 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication. - 18 years and above
- Course Features - After enrolling in this course and completing the first module, you’re eligible for a FREE one-year membership to Early Childhood Australia (ECA), Australia’s peak child care body, worth over $150 - Practical assessments. - Workplace assessments. - Workplace portfolio
- For more info: Open Colleges
- Duration - The duration of the class delivery is over three school terms or about 40 weeks, but you may extend to 52 weeks if you are still completing your placement or assessments.
- Entry Requirements - You must hold either the CHC30121 or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care to enrol in this course. - All applicants will be required to undertake a pre-training review, including an evaluation of existing language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Course Features - Assessment tasks are practical and oriented to the work or placement context for relevance.
- For more information: Philips Institute
Contact a few that interest you and see which one works best for you. To help you decide which provider is right for you, the article "Questions To Ask Course Providers When Choosing To Study" provides a list of questions to ask each course provider. Consider all the information gathered from each of the questions. Using these questions will assist you to decide and make an informed decision about where you want to study for your qualification.
Benefits Of Online Study
An online course requires just as much work as an on-ground format, and the amount of time you dedicate is also about the same. However, the online format—just like a virtual workplace—affords you more flexibility. Benefits include:
- Added Flexibility and Self-Paced Learning - For those who still need to juggle working and going back to school, the flexibility of an online program provides individuals with the opportunity to learn while still working and growing professionally. That flexibility allows you to more easily balance work, life, and graduate school. You can work through the lesson plan at your own pace to ensure you’re really mastering the material before moving on to the next section.
- Better Time Management - Because there are no set classroom times within an online degree program, and students have the flexibility to create their own schedules, it’s up to the student to proactively reach out to faculty, complete assignments on time, and plan ahead.
- Demonstrated Self-Motivation - you’re demonstrating that you can practice time management and are self-motivated,. By succeeding in earning an online degree, you prove that you can tackle multiple tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing work conditions.
- Improved Virtual Communication and Collaboration - Learning to work with others in a virtual environment can make you a more effective leader. You’ll develop critical leadership skills by utilizing specialized knowledge, creating efficient processes, and making decisions about best communication practices, such as what should be discussed in-person or electronically.
- Refined Critical-thinking Skills - Critical thinking plays a role in any type of education; however, online learning forces you to develop your critical thinking skills in ways that you might not have practised in an in-person classroom setting. This sort of self-paced and self-motivated learning demonstrates to future employers that you have the ability to think critically and overcome any obstacles that might stand in your way.
- New Technical Skills - As part of your coursework, you will likely need to utilize digital learning materials, get familiar with new tools and software, and troubleshoot common issues.
Adjusting to an online learning mode of study can be a challenge at first, but once you adapt to the format, there are numerous benefits to be realized. No matter the reason you choose to pursue online education, earning a cert 3 education and care online can help prepare you for career advancement and demonstrate key skills to potential employers.
Benefits and Advantages Of Online Study, North-Western University
Note: Aussie Childcare Network is in no way affiliated with the RTOs mentioned in this article. This is purely for information purposes only.