For students wanting to complete Certificate 3 in Education and Care Qualification through online study, the following lists are registered training organisations (RTOs) that offer online study. This means that you will be able to complete this qualification online rather than in a classroom setting.
Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care is the minimum requirement for employment in the early childhood industry. It covers the fundamentals of childhood development and caring for children, and you will develop the skills and knowledge you need to inspire and support children as an Early Childhood Educator.
Cert 3 Education and Care Jobs
This industry-focused qualification will prepare you for a rewarding career in the early childhood service industry.
Potential job titles include:
- early childhood educator
- outside school hours care assistant
- playgroup supervisor
- recreation assistant
- family daycare worker
- childhood educator/assistant.
As a Cert 3 Qualified Education, you are required to work in a team to provide high-quality early childhood education development, learning and care to children. Key responsibilities and duties include:
- plan and implement a quality education program
- promote the health and safety of all children
- build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- contribute to the effective management of the service
Your pay rate falls under the Children’s Services Award 2010. This award states the minimum amount that an employer can pay you based on your qualification and your position while working in an early learning centre. Educators with a Cert 3 qualification and who are working as an Assitant Educator within the room will be Level 3.
Each level for childcare wages gives a definition of what is expected of the employee, the qualifications required and the duties of the employee.
- When completing your qualification you will be on Level 3.1 - Level 3.1 - (for a newly qualified cert 3 educator who begins working for the first year with their qualification). The full-time pay rate is $23.67/per hour
- Level 3.2 (for the second year of your cert 3 qualification) - $24.49/per hour
- Level 3.3 (for the third year of your cert 3 qualification) - $25.26/per hour
To be awarded Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, a student must successfully complete a total of eighteen (18) units of competency, comprising of:
- fifteen (15) core units, and;
- three (3) elective units of which:
- at least one (1) unit must be selected from the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification, and;
- up to two (2) units may be selected from any endorsed training package or accredited courses – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
- students are required to undertake 160 hours of supervised work placement in a regulated child care service that caters to children aged between 0 -6.
Where To Study Certificate 3 Education and Care Online
The following lists RTOs that offer Certificate 3 Education and Care Online. This will give you a few options of where to start looking.
- Duration - 12 months
- Entry Requirments - Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications consist of a range of practical tasks and in order to meet work experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet the duty of care obligations. There are no course requirements for this qualification, but it is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
- Course Features - Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges’ virtual campus - Work Placement Assistance – a team dedicated to assisting with a work placement during your course which may, in turn, lead to future job prospects - Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement - 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support through zoom - Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries - Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course - Flexible online learning - Access to a simulated Early Learning Centre.
- About - Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can-do attitude employers are looking for. - Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
- For more info: Kirana College
- Duration - 1 year
- Entry Requirments - There are no formal prerequisites required to enter this qualification. However, it is preferred that eligible students - Are 18 years or older (Note: Students below 18 years old will need to investigate potential work placement options prior to enrolment, as some placement centres will not accept underage students) - Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English and Maths, or equivalent) - Have basic computer skills
- Course Features - Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission - Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks - Simulations, where applicable - Templates for completing Project Documents
- About: Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) is a leading provider of training courses to students right across Australia. As well as having our own range of nationally accredited training courses, we partner with quality training organisations in all areas of vocational training, across a broad range of industries, and provide a student enrolment service on behalf of our various training partners.
- For more information: Inspire Education
- Duration - 36 weeks including 160 hours of work placement and 2 weeks term break. Course delivered full-time.
- Entry Requirments - An intermediate level of English is required, however, your English level will be assessed on application. One of the following should also apply- an Australian Citizen - a Permanent Resident- a holder of a permanent visa - a New Zealand citizen- Asylum Seekers now eligible for Skills First courses
- Course Features - Support services AMES Australia supports you to reach your goals. As an AMES Australia online student, you have access to the same support services as on-site campus students this includes access to career and learning pathways. You can attend the Independent Learning Centres (ILCs) across our sites to access computers and your online learning resources. Your Teacher/assessor is available for enquiries about learning and assessment by phone and email for the duration of the course. Teachers will provide you with contact details when your online class commences and will respond to student enquiries within 1 business day. All students are supervised during their placement. All AMES Australia industry certificate courses provide specialist English language support for refugees and migrants.
- About - AMES Australia is committed to providing a quality learning experience for students studying online and these online service standards explain our commitment to you in key areas. AMES Australia offers a range of courses that can be delivered partly or wholly online via our online platform – myAMES.
- For more information: Ames
- Duration - 18 months
- Entry Requirments - Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process - Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification - You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Course Features - Flexible Online Study - Industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills- Nationally Recognised Training
- About - One of the few Registered Training Organisations in Australia that endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyles. We provide excellence in Vocational Education and Training and have an established partnership network that drives the quality of graduates across each industry.
- For more information: Foundation Education
Australian Child Care Career Options
- Duration - full time 52 weeks- part-time 104 weeks
- Entry Requirments - A sound ability to read, write and speak English. - A basic ability to apply numeracy.
- Course Features: - Your Trainer Assessor will be available to support you in the following ways - Regular study reviews to ensure you are progressing at a reasonable rate to complete your qualification within the enrolment period - Follow-up phone calls to check on your progress (You should also advise your Trainer Assessor if you have any queries or concerns related to completing your coursework.) - Provision of tutoring via phone, email, and scheduled visits to the workplace.
- About: ACCCO is an award-winning and nationally accredited education and care training organisation, specialising in Early Childhood Education, School Age Education, Education Support, and First Aid. Delivering industry-recognised training to educators across the whole of Australia.
- For more information: ACCO
C and K Early Learning
- Duration: - Full time (12 months) or Part-time (18 months)
- Entry Requirments: - There are no formal entry requirements for this course however you will need a language, literacy and numeracy skills test. C&K College is not CRICOS registered and cannot enrol students with a subclass 500 student visa.
You will need to apply for a Blue Card (working with children check) or exemption card to undertake Work or Vocational Placement.
You need to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Course Features: McGraw Hill Textbook - Nutrition Australia Qld LEAPS (Learning, Eating, Active Play, Sleep) online training - Early Years online series covering Inclusion, Governance, Disability support and Transdisciplinary practice.
- About - With more than 100 years in early childhood education and care, C&K (The Creche and Kindergarten Association) is regarded as one of Australia's leading providers of childcare and kindergarten. We have over 330 kindergarten centres and childcarers around Queensland, and as a not-for-profit, children come first in everything we do.
- For more information: C and K
Amazing Education and Training
- Duration - 12-18 months
- Entry Requirments - As childcare is a mandated industry, students undertaking Work Placement must hold a valid Blue Card and, as of 17 December 2021, all workers entering a school, kindergarten, or childcare centre will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
All students need to be employed or volunteer in an ACECQA approved early childhood service to complete the practical components of their qualification. This will be for no less than 160 hours spread over the duration of the qualification. - Students who are not currently in paid employment at a service will need to complete a Vocational Placement Agreement and meet the vocational placement requirements. Vocational placement is unpaid work. Amazing Education and Training may be able to support students to arrange this placement if they don't already have one. However, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to secure placement. - Vocational Placement venues must be working with children under 2 years of age.
- Course Features - Expert trainer support - are highly qualified to guide your learning journey, offering regular, 1-on-1 training in person and via video conferencing tools like Zoom. - Offers interactive online learning through an easy-to-use platform, which you can access from anywhere, any time. Course materials are concise and easy to understand to keep you engaged and motivated to learn.
- About - With Amazing Education and Training, you enjoy an engaging training experience with passionate industry professionals by your side. Study in a way that ignites your own passions and suits your lifestyle.
- For more information: Amazing Education and Training
Contact a few that interest you and see which one works best for you. To help you decide which provider is right for you, the article "Questions To Ask Course Providers When Choosing To Study" provides a list of questions to ask each course provider. Consider all the information gathered from each of the questions. Using these questions will assist you to decide and make an informed decision about where you want to study for your qualification.
Benefits Of Online Study
An online course requires just as much work as an on-ground format, and the amount of time you dedicate is also about the same. However, the online format—just like a virtual workplace—affords you more flexibility. Benefits include:
- Added Flexibility and Self-Paced Learning - For those who still need to juggle working and going back to school, the flexibility of an online program provides individuals with the opportunity to learn while still working and growing professionally. That flexibility allows you to more easily balance work, life, and graduate school. You can work through the lesson plan at your own pace to ensure you’re really mastering the material before moving on to the next section.
- Better Time Management - Because there are no set classroom times within an online degree program, and students have the flexibility to create their own schedules, it’s up to the student to proactively reach out to faculty, complete assignments on time, and plan ahead.
- Demonstrated Self-Motivation - you’re demonstrating that you can practice time management and are self-motivated,. By succeeding in earning an online degree, you prove that you can tackle multiple tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing work conditions.
- Improved Virtual Communication and Collaboration - Learning to work with others in a virtual environment can make you a more effective leader. You’ll develop critical leadership skills by utilizing specialized knowledge, creating efficient processes, and making decisions about best communication practices, such as what should be discussed in-person or electronically.
- Refined Critical-thinking Skills - Critical thinking plays a role in any type of education; however, online learning forces you to develop your critical thinking skills in ways that you might not have practised in an in-person classroom setting. This sort of self-paced and self-motivated learning demonstrates to future employers that you have the ability to think critically and overcome any obstacles that might stand in your way.
- New Technical Skills - As part of your coursework, you will likely need to utilize digital learning materials, get familiar with new tools and software, and troubleshoot common issues.
Adjusting to an online learning mode of study can be a challenge at first, but once you adapt to the format, there are numerous benefits to be realized. No matter the reason you choose to pursue online education, earning a cert 3 education and care online can help prepare you for career advancement and demonstrate key skills to potential employers.
Benefits and Advantages Of Online Study, North-Western University
Note: Aussie Childcare Network is in no way affiliated with the RTOs mentioned in this article. This is purely for information purposes only.