The Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS) can help services cover the cost of implementing and delivering an approved kindergarten program, for children in the year before prep.
To be eligible services must offer a learning program that is:
- provided for children in the year before Prep (i.e. children who are at least 4 by 30 June in the year they start)
- provided for at least 600 hours a year, or at least 15 hours a week for 40 weeks
- delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher.
- an accredited kindergarten learning program based on the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG)
- an alternative kindergarten learning guideline accredited by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
For Long day care services - to access funding under the QKFS long day care services must:
- be approved to receive Child Care Benefit payments on behalf of eligible families
- hold a current service approval under the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2011 (Qld)
- hold appropriate public liability insurance of at least $10 million
- offer an approved kindergarten program
- have a fee structure that demonstrates that cost is not a barrier to access
- enter into a service agreement with the Department of Education and Training.
For more information on applying, please visit the following: Kindy For Every Child