The following are the steps that Victorian early childhood services should take if they have a positive case of COVID at their service.
Notify DHHS on 1300 651 160
- Act on DHHS advice
- DHHS will provide you with an Excel Spreadsheet for contact tracing.
- DHHS will provide you with a list of cleaners to deep clean your service.
Notify DET on 1800 338 663
- Lodge 1st notification on NQAITS that you have a positive case.
- Lodge 2nd notification if your service has to close.
Notify your staff, families & other visitors
- Inform them of what you know and keep them updated every day.
- Gather contact tracing information - you will need to know who was in contact with the person who tested positive.
Notify DESE of closure
Notify WorkSafe on
- 13 23 60
What if you haven't heard back from DHHS?
- Determine if you should close your service to avoid the spread. You will need close contacts full names, their date of births, contact information and their last date of contact.
Department Of Health Human Services, Victoria