Soft and mouldable sand for children.
- 2.5 cups fine sand
- 1 1/2 cups corn starch
- 1/2 cups oil
What to do:
- Mix sand and corn starch together completely.
- Add oil and mix well
- When there are no oily spots and no dry spots, the sand is ready for play.
Hints and Tips:
- The ratio 5:3:1 - 5 parts sand, to 3 parts corn starch and 1 part oil.
- Substitute flour for the corn starch
- Use any variety of sand e.g. beach sand, play sand, craft sand.
- If it doesn't stick, keep adding oil.
- Keep in sealed containers.
- Add food colouring if sand you are using is colourless.
- Kinetic Sand Recipe, Eating Richly