Here are 4 fun and simple games that can be played indoors using balloons.
- balloons (1 for each child)
- open space
What to do:
- Game 1
Ask children to place a balloon between their knees and have them waddle across the room without dropping it. Make it more challenging for older kids by having them go around an obstacle, such as around chairs, between tables, etc. If they drop it, they have to go back to the start.
- Game 2
Challenge children to balance a balloon on the back of their hand, and see how long they can do it before it falls to the ground. You can encourage children to balance the balloon on different parts of their body such as their head, their, knees, their foot etc.
- Game 3
Set up a course or a maze and see if children can blow a balloon all the way to the finish line.
- Game 4
Have Children lie on the ground with their legs up in the air and try and balance the balloon on their feet. It requires a lot of hands, eye co-ordination and concentration!
Hints and Tips:
- Game 1 - For multiple kids, have them play as a team with the balloon placed between their hips. Once they get the hang of it, get out your timer to see how fast they can do it.
- Game 2 - If the balloon falls to the ground they have to sit down on the spot to see who wins this game. For older children, you can shout out each body part that they must balance the balloon on.
- Game 3 - Children will need to bend and crawl to blow their balloons through the maze. For older children, you can make an obstacle course more difficult such as crawling under tables, crawling over pillows etc.
- Game 4 - Give the children plenty of space between each other. They can either balance the balloon still on the bottom of the feet or they can bounce the ballon with their feet.