Use string to make a maze indoors where children have to weave their way from start to finish.
- Any type of string (10 metres minimum)
- Start and end point
- Treasure: a basket or box and objects to put in it (optional)
What to do:
- Find a place within the room to place the string across.
- Find a starting point such as the bottom of the chair leg, around table legs etc.
- Then start zig-zagging the string at varying heights or in and out of points to create the maze. Anywhere within the room, you can weave string to create an obstacle course.
Hints and Tips:
- Place treasure at the end of the maze that the children must collect and return back.
- Start with a simple string maze then create a more difficult one.
- Stick cards for e.g. animals/letters that the children must collect, sticky taped onto different areas of the string.
- Use a timer to see how fast kids can go.
- Use crepe paper if you don't have string.
Eastick, Erica "How to Make a String Laser Maze, Mission Impossible Style", My Kids Adventure, 18th March 2014