- 1 cup baked beans in tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Oregano or dried mixed herbs seasoning (to taste)
- Salt (as required)
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream - (as required)
- Preheat taco shells as per instructions on the pack.
- Shred the lettuce leaves.
- Chop tomato, onions, spring onions or coriander leaves finely.
- Grate the cheese and keep it ready.
- In a wide bowl, take 1 cup of baked beans, salt, pepper powder and finely chopped onions, coriander leaves or spring onions.
- Mix everything well and check for taste. Add more spices or salt.
- Take the hot taco and keep the shredded lettuce leaves.
- Above that add 2 –3 tbsp of baked beans mixture.
- Top it with sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Add finely chopped onions, tomato & coriander leaves.
- Finally, add grated cheese.
- Garnish with coriander & chopped tomato pieces.
Hints and Tips:
- Use other vegetables that children can fill their taco up with such as shredded carrot, shredded cucumber, capsicum, corn etc.
- Encourage older children to shred and cut their own vegetables.
- Place each vegetable in a bowl so children can create their own tacos.
Easy Vegetarian Tacos With Baked Beans, Chitra's Food Book