FOR VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp corn, boiled / frozen
- 2 tbsp peas
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ½ carrot, 2 tbsp cabbage, 4 beans, 2 tbsp corn, 2 tbsp peas, ½ capsicum and 2 potatoes.
- Further, add ¼ tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp mixed herbs and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure all the vegetables are well combined.
- Now add ¼ cup bread crumbs and mix well.
- Mash and mix forming a soft dough.
- To prepare cornflour slurry, take 2 tbsp cornflour, 2 tbsp plain flour and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well with ¼ cup water forming a smooth batter.
- Now pinch a small ball sized vegetable mixture and shape well.
- Dip in cornflour slurry coating uniformly.
- Now roll into panko bread crumbs to get crispy outer covering.
- Deep fry in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
- Stir occasionally, without breaking the nuggets.
- Fry until the vegetable nuggets turn crispy and golden brown.
- Drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Finally, enjoy vegetable nuggets with tomato sauce.
Hints and Tips:
- Firstly, adjust the amount of breadcrumbs based on the moisture of vegetables.
- Also, if the nuggets break-in oil, do not panic. add a tbsp of more breadcrumbs to vegetable mixture and shape.
- Additionally, add vegetables of your choice to make it nutritious.
Vegetable Nuggets, Hebbars Kitchen