- 1/2 cup of cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) fresh peas
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) steamed corn kernels
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, adding 1 tsp of olive oil to the water.
- Mix the pasta with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and serve at room temperature or cold.
Hints and Tips:
- Get kitchen safe knives for children and encourage them to cut their own vegetables for the pasta.
- Have children choose the veggies they want for their pasta.
- Prepare the cooked pasta for children to mix with their vegetables.
- Give children each their own bowl to create their own pasta salad.
- Select different vegetables for children to try.
Kid-Friendly Pasta Salad, Little Sunny Kitchen