- 3 Litre sized resealable plastic bag
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet yeast (rapid rise or regular)
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt (this can be to taste)
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast packet in a bowl. Pour into a resealable (Ziplock style) bag.
- Add warm water. Seal bag, pressing out air.
- Begin shaking and mixing the bag by hand
- Set bag to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with salt. Pour into the bag along with melted butter.
- Seal the bag again, pressing out air. Shake and mix again.
- Open the bag and add in the last cup of flour.
- Seal bag, and mix for the final time.
- Pull out dough and place on a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes
- Place dough in a greased loaf pan.
- Lay a towel over the loaf pan and set it in a warm spot.
- Allow the dough 30-45 minutes to rise
- Bake at 190 degrees for 25 minutes.
Hints and Tips:
- Add herbs and olives while kneading to make herb and olive bread.
- Enjoy with your fave toppings.
- Add food colouring for colourful bread.
- Great experience to get children involved.