- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms, trim off bottom of stems
- 1 quart Vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- In a large pot, heat oil, add onion and fry until translucent and softened.
- Add mushrooms, saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broccoli and ginger and cook until broccoli is cooked through.
- Stir in lime juice and salt.
- Add soup into bowls and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
Hints and Tips:
- Spring onions an also be added for flavour (when adding the broccoli).
- Great on a cold evening.
- Serve with croutons or toasted bread.
- Chilli can be added for spice.
- Noodles can also be added.