- 1 300g (10oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 450g (16oz) can premade strawberry cake frosting
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Lightly add cooking spay or baking paper to a baking tray.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave.
- Once melted, stir in the strawberry frosting. Mix.
- Add the pecans and spread mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once firm cut into squares before serving.
Hints and Tips:
- Very easy for children to prepare!
- Instead of white chocolate use dark chocolate.
- Use peanuts or cashews instead of pecans.
- Add lollies for extra sweetness.
- Try with vanilla or chocolate cake frosting.
- This recipe does contain a lot of sugar so you should only use "occasionally" and as a special treat.
- For childcare centres in Australia and nut free zones you can omit the pecans and replace it with an alternative such as dried or fresh fruits.
The aim of this recipe is for children to participate in a simple cooking activity that they can complete themselves and not to be used as part of a child's regular diet or even to be served in a childcare setting menu. Please use your best judgement when making this recipe.