Create an autumn tree with cotton balls and paint to create a colourful autumn effect.
- blue a4 paper (for background)
- black/brown a4 paper for tree branch
- peg (one per child)
- cotton balls (1 per paint colour)
- paint in autumn colours (red, orange, brown, yellow)
- paint palette/tub
What to do:
- Cut a tree branch shape from either the black/brown paper and stick it onto the blue a4 background paper.
- Using a peg, pick up a cotton ball, dip it into an autumn paint colour and dab it onto the tree branch (to represent the autumn leaves).
- Repeat for each paint colour, to create an autumn tree.
Hints and Tips:
- Talk to the children about the difference of colours, you see on trees during autumn.
- Encourage children to dab the different autumn paint colours on top of each other for more depth and talk about mixing of the colours.
- An easy activity for even toddlers and older babies to participate in.
- Instead of cutting out a tree branch from coloured paper, one can be drawn on instead.
Autumn Tree Painting With Cotton Balls, Projects With Kids