Using natural materials found in the garden during autumn, create these cute and simple stick people. Great for creativity and open-ended learning.
- autumn leaves
- any other natural materials found in the garden
- A4 paper
What to do:
- To create an autumn stick person, use a leaf as the face.
- Glue this gently on a4 paper.
- Add 2 acorns for the eyes on top of the leaf.
- Use acorns to create a smile on the leap as well.
- Glue these onto the leaf.
- Next, for the body add two small sticks in the middle of the leaf stem for arms.
- Add two small sticks diagonally across, to create the legs.
Hints and Tips:
- Encourage children to create their own autumn creations using natural materials.
- Add these natural elements into small separate trays to make it inviting for children.
Evans, Shaunna Leaf People Fall Art, Fantastic Fun and Learning