Work Placement leading to employment

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
diamond84

Work Placement leading to employment

Post by diamond84 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi All,

I have heard a few times that some people have been offered employment at the LDC during their work placement. Does this happen often in the industry that you know of or this something that you have to be lucky to get?

Thanks!

Lorina

Re: Work Placement leading to employment

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:46 am

It is possible to get employment at a centre when doing work placement but it doesn't always happen and it really depends on the director and the centre you are doing placement with. One of the benefits of doing placement is that you get to interact and engage with the staff, families and children and if you're lucky be offered a position. If you are offered a position you may just start off as a casual at first and then maybe a full time position. When you're on work placement and you are not offered a position speak to the director about the possibility of being able to work casually. Also prepare a resume that you can had in as well...

When doing work placement use this not only as a time to learn but also an opportunity to start off your career...

Good Luck!

:geek:,
L.A

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:28 am

Hi DIamond84

I did my work placement at two different centres and got offered a casual job at both. A few others in my Tafe class did as well but not all. I found that if you show initiative and ask lots of questions (i.e. 'Why do you have to do that?' 'How do you fill this chart out?' 'Can I do something to help?') they see you are keen to learn and work hard. But as L.A. says it depends a lot on the Director.

Best of luck

Macoola

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Just got a new permanent part time educator in the babies room who was doing work placement here a few months ago. We all got along really well with her and she just seem to fit within our team.

diamond84

Post by diamond84 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for everyone's reply, I am looking forward to doing my work placement in the coming months after I complete my subjects. We'll see what happens! :)

richardsmith

Post by richardsmith » Sat May 10, 2014 8:51 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:Just got a new permanent part time educator in the babies room who was doing work placement here a few months ago. We all got along really well with her and she just seem to fit within our team.
Hey mate.... where you get the job? Actually I am also looking for part time educator.. I lived in Melbourne and also wanna placed in the same city ..Can you suggest me any favorable opportunity so I get jobs in melbourne ? :-)