what to expect on placement?

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
celina

what to expect on placement?

Post by celina » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi, im doing cert III and i will be doing my placement soon. Could you pls help me,what to expect on placement? what activity or stuff to be given to do. And what are the Do's and Dont's while on placement. Thank you so much everyone.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: what to expect on placement?

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:46 am

Different centres treat placement students differently. Some places may not really give you much time with the children and will just have you doing cleaning and menial tasks. I suggest if this is the case when you go on placement, speak up, ask to do some group time and some activities with the children...so go armed with some children's books (easily got from library) and some ideas for group time discussions, art & craft ideas etc....probably make a resource folder to take in.

As for Do's and Dont's well treat it like a paying job and remember if they like you they may even offer you a job for when you finish your Cert III so be on time, wear appropriate clothing, use appropriate language. Be polite & respectful, if you do not know something ask or clarify, it is always better to make sure 10 times than misunderstanding or being too confident and doing the wrong thing!