Vocational Placement Agreement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Amanda Rigby
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Vocational Placement Agreement

Post by Amanda Rigby » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:45 am

HI, Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble in NSW getting a Vocational Placement Agreement signed. I am studying my Diploma with Inspire Education and have not been able to find a center willing to sign this agreement. I'm getting really frustrated and stressed that i can't finish my course. Any assistance with placement ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lorina

Re: Vocational Placement Agreement

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:55 pm

I hear you! I don't understand why so many students are finding it hard to get vocational placement! I think that I may need to do a "placement campaign" of some sort to urge centres to offer their centre for students to do work placement in... At this stage, you just have to keep trying until you find something... I'm sorry you are having difficulty and I understand it can be extremely frustrating!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Vocational Placement Agreement

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Also, another reason why centres may be reluctant to take on a student is because the amount of paperwork that a student needs to get signed from their work supervisor. Some students have commented that room leaders often get annoyed that they have so much extra paperwork that needs to be done for a student to show evidence that they have completed a task at work placement. This is definitely not the fault of you or any other student... Centres should offer their full support to all students who are becoming future educators in our industry!

I'll see what I can do from my end...

:geek:,
Lorina