Student mistakes

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Denise1980

Student mistakes

Post by Denise1980 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 am

Hi everyone just needed some info I'm a student doing my diploma and I've been given work wich I love but regret taking because it has interfered with my prac I haven't gained all the info for 3/5 because I have mainly been in babies room but any way my question is this if I did something wrong a mistake not a bad one is it ok for my supervisor to tell me off about it in front off other staff and make a smart comment about me in front of them as well I admitted I made a mistake and it defentley won't happen again.

Lorina

Re: Student mistakes

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:30 am

Hi Denise,

No, it's not OK for you to be ridiculed in front of others for your mistakes. Totally unethical and very inappropriate. The matter should be discussed with you in private or during a time when there are no other educators around... Maybe you should let the educator know that she embarrassed you by telling you off in front of other staff and you would appreciate it if she talks to you in private next time!

Sorry you had to be treated like that!

:geek:
Lorna

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Student mistakes

Post by linsaa fdc » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:24 am

Hi Denise1980,

It's NEVER ok for anyone to tell anyone off because of a mistake whether it is small or big. We all learn about confidentiality, if we have a problem with someone or something they did to approach the person not broadcast it. She should have asked to speak to you privately, bring the mistake to your attention and see if you needed any help with anything so it doesn't happen again. None of the other staff needed to know about it. It doesn't matter what industry we are in. This woman has a problem, try not to let it turn you off.....I know that's easier said than done. I still can't believe in this day and age there are still people like that in the workforce.

Linsaa fdc :wave: