potential illegal/unfair conduct by Teacher

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ccSA

potential illegal/unfair conduct by Teacher

Post by ccSA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi,

I'm a diploma-qualified educator working at a LDC. I've been transferred into the kindy room, where the teacher is known to be really demanding of her assistant educators.

She's recently asked me to basically do half her job for her. This includes planning activities for some days, writing individual child observations. She neglected to do the children's individual observations for 2 months, Jan & Feb, and she's expecting me to do half to catch her room up.

I've looked at my job description as well as the teacher's job description, and these are not included in my Job description. However, they are included in her's.

What can I do? Should i do anything, or just do it even though her pay is much higher than mine.

Lorina

Re: potential illegal/unfair conduct by Teacher

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

As a Diploma qualified educator, you are required to do planning and documentation. Even though you are not the room leader, you are qualified to do observations, curriculum plans, plan activities etc. Also, you need to remember that you need to work as a team and that also includes with documentation.

:geek:,
Lorina