Completing Journals, Obs & Experiences During Placement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lulu2811

Completing Journals, Obs & Experiences During Placement

Post by Lulu2811 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi,

I have completed a little over a week of my Work Placement and am struggling to get all my journals, observations and experiences done after a long day at the centre. Can I ask how everyone else got through theirs and if we are supposed to be doing some of these things whilst at Work Placement or if we are supposed to be doing this in our own time?

Also does anyone have any websites I can go to for a Checklist as it says on my assignment that I need a published one? Thank you!

Last thing I want to do when I get back after a long day is sit at my desk in front of a computer... :)

Thank you!!

:)
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Completing Journals, Obs & Experiences During Placement

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 pm

You should be completing your "journals, observations, experiences" etc during work placment itself. That's one of the main reasons why you need to go to work placement is to complete necessary assignments and get hands on experince. Talk to the director about it. What type of checklist are you after?

Lulu2811

Post by Lulu2811 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks catchmeifucan, I take a few notes here and there but the centre is so busy and the children just want to play so it's hard to say I can't because i'm writing. :)

I need a checklist for one of my observations of my focus child and focus group but it says on my assignment that I need to use a published developmental checklist accessed from a child development text book or from a reputable internet site. It needs to be age specific as well as specific to the area of development...

my focus child / group is 2-4 years and I need it from various developmental domains...

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you!!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Look up the Red Flag Early Intervention Referral Guide for children 0-2 ... it will give you some idea about what milestones etc children should reach at what ages
Also just google developmental checklists 2-4 yr olds and it should give you plenty

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

You can find a number of articles on child development stages here under articles section. Even some tafe refers to this site info. See this link:

Child Development Articles

Lulu2811

Post by Lulu2811 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Thank you fefe76 and catchmeifucan! I will have a look at the link and check google out.

:)