Night routine.

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Night routine.

Post by Scottish Joan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:42 am

My daughter Rhona won't go to sleep unless a routine is followed.

She likes to have supper at around hal past 7, she gets a cup of orange (she doesn't drink fizzy drinks) and a homemade pancake which she helps to make.

At around 8-8.15pm she will go and bath herself (she prefers baths instead of a shower) then brush her teeth then get nightwear on.

She gets to spend about half an hour with me so will normally sit on my knee watching tv for that 30mins.

Then at 8.45pm she gets me to take her to bed. I then lie in bed with her and read a story or make a story up on my own then tuck her in bed, I get hugs and kisses from her.

Now, if that routine is not followed then she will either moan or just not go to sleep.

My girl also likes holding my hand whilst we are outside shopping or going on walks which we do quite regularly.

I will even follow this routine at brownies which can cause strange looks/comments from the leaders but I totally ignore these but do complain to the leaders later at night saying "why make these silly remarks, my daughter is a mummies girl so what!, I have no problem with that nor should you, she won't go to sleep until I follow this routine!".

The leaders look shocked that I spoke to them like that but do understand my anger so do apologise, most likely so they don't "lose a good leader".

Lorina

Re: Night routine.

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:22 am

I think it's absolutely fine that Rhona has a bed time routine. It helps prepare her to go to sleep and winds her down to rest! It's good that you have a special bond with her and I just don't get why others are always making comments at you!! It's nice to hear that Rhona is taking responsibility for her bed time by following this routine and it makes her feel safe and secure knowing what going to happen next! It's a really good thing!!

:geek:,
Lorina

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Night routine.

Post by Nandy84 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:06 pm

Hello,

It seems very nice and healthy behaviour of Rhona. A routined bedtime is always helpful for your chid to have a good sleep and clear her mind and body of the day's stresses and relax into sleep. The kind of healthy habit she has it will help her to improve her memory control weight, it will make her feel happier and more energetic and it will strengthen her immune system.

As per me, the moaning she made due to the changes of routine, will go away with time when she will be a bit older.

Thanks

Nandita