CHCECE004 - Legislative requirements

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

CHCECE004 - Legislative requirements

Post by kirstiejm » Tue May 10, 2022 11:44 am

My assessment question is
What are the legislative requirements that must be followed when planning menus?

Where can I find the information to answer this question?
Thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004 - Legislative requirements

Post by Lorina » Sat May 14, 2022 11:23 am

In the National Regulations it states the following:

Weekly menu

(1) The approved provider of an education and care service that provides food and beverages (other than water) to children being educated and cared for by the service must ensure that a weekly menu—

(a) is displayed at a place at the education and care service premises accessible to parents of children being educated and cared for by the service; and
(b) accurately describes the food and beverages to be provided by the service each day.

Penalty: $1000.

(2) A nominated supervisor of an education and care service that provides food and beverages (other than water) to children being educated and cared for by the service must ensure that a weekly menu—
Food and beverages

(1) The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that children being educated and cared for by the service—

(a) have access to safe drinking water at all times; and
(b) are offered food and beverages appropriate to the needs of each child on a regular basis throughout the day.

Penalty: $2000.

Service providing food and beverages

(1) The approved provider of an education and care service that provides food or a beverage to children being educated and cared for by the service must ensure that—

(a) the food or beverage provided is nutritious and adequate in quantity; and
(b) the food or beverage provided is chosen having regard to the dietary requirements of individual children taking into account—
(i) each child’s growth and development needs; and
(ii) any specific cultural, religious or health requirements.

Penalty: $2000.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

Post by kirstiejm » Sat May 14, 2022 11:29 am

Omg thank you so much! I wasn’t sure where to find the info when I googled it

Lorina