Levels in childcare

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trish73
Participator
Participator

Levels in childcare

Post by trish73 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi, has anyone worked all levels in childcare, as a casual, level 3, level 4 and preschool teacher, which level did you find the most enjoyable, rewarding and challenging? And which level did you find most boring and stressful?

Lorina

Re: Levels in childcare

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:01 am

Preschool teaching is the most rewarding... it makes you feel like you are teaching and building upon a preschool child's learner. They are easier to deal with, they can communicate and their interests soar which makes it great for you in teaching different themes/topics.

Most challenging are toddlers but I also find that rewarding - you have to have extreme patience working with them and they are just so fun and it's literally non stop. They show you so much love and affection and you feel like a second mum to them. You don't really teach them as you would the preschoolers but you get them involved in a lot of different experiences and you have to be quick on your feet and be able to change activities or group time quickly. Toddlers are unpredictable so you have to go with their flow... teaching them is rewarding in it's own sense...

It's hard to choose... preschool because you are teaching them and developing skills for kindergarten then there is toddlers who shower you with love and affection...

What are your thoughts? Which age do you prefer?

:geek:,
Lorina

ENKATIE
Participator
Participator

Post by ENKATIE » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:06 am

HI,
From my viewpoint it is the kindy /pre school kids as you enjoy teaching them very basci things.
Its challengign in a way that you have to explain the simplest things in the simplest manner, which makes it
difficult.
From my viewpoint teaching them helps you to explore different dimensions of your personality.
All the more being a Kindy teacher, you always have an option to step up and get into primary teaching.
Cheers!

trish73
Participator
Participator

Post by trish73 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies. As a casual, I enjoy working with the older children 3-5 year olds. Toddlers to preschoolers. Toddlers definitely are non stop, and makes the day go faster.
I enjoy working with preschoolers the most, but might be different working with preschoolers as a casual compared to a preschool teacher. I read there is a lot of paper work for preschool teachers, but does the paper work make the job more rewarding because it gives the teacher something to do. Because as a casual educators, I sometimes feel bored and the day goes slow at times. When I do a bit of observations, it gives me something extra to do.