I want to leave

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Misse84
Helper
Helper

I want to leave

Post by Misse84 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am

I am nearing the end of my traineeship and I want to leave . The director is the owner and just negativ , yells and does not provide the children with nice things to play with and the centre in general is a joke . The other staff won't speak up and I am tired of it . She can be nice but we are all treading on egg shells .

I want to leave but I am scared of telling her , and it will be middle of the year so I will still be doing my programming and since we only have 6 staff she will be livid .

I want to go somewhere non profit and just happier , I could go on and on with what is wrong with that place . So many staff leave and only two of them have been there for a long time .

I want to start my diploma but am worried that if I leave after my certificate I won't get the diploma paid for by the government and I really want to do it . Ugh :(

justathought
Participator
Participator

Re: I want to leave

Post by justathought » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:12 am

You should be able to get the goverment incentive for your diploma, you just cant get a lower qualification then the government wont pay for it.

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi babuella, if you are not happy with your work then you should consider looking around and see whats out there. There is no point continuing to work at a place if you are not happy working there. Dont be scared of telling your director that you want to leave. Best thing to do is, when you get another job elsewhere, just give your current centre a week or 2 notice and tell them that you got a better offer elsewhere. Thats all...its no big deal since everyone changes job at some point.

With the government grant for diploma, I dont see why you wont get the grant. Let me know how you went with it all...