Mixing of OOSHC & 0-5

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mystified001

Mixing of OOSHC & 0-5

Post by Mystified001 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am

Hi,
I'm interested in where I can find the relevant Regulations/Law on mixing OOSHC children with the 0-5 age children in an Early Learning Centre? Our Centre mixes our Before & After School care/Vacation Care children into our 0-5 when the OOSHC educator is finished her shift or before they start. Whilst it is only for short periods I find it causes issues, however not all the time. I find it extremely difficult when the school age children have behavioural issues and we are not even informed. As a casual employee I understand that I'm not going to be across all behavioural issues all the time. Any assistance on where to find the relevant Regulations &/or Laws I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Lorina

Re: Mixing of OOSHC & 0-5

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:13 am

From what I understant there isn't anything in the Regulations based on mixing OOSH and young children together. Even though the children are all together can you section off the room and add activities for OOSH children to complete in one area and the younger children in another area. For those children with behavioural issues, they should be engaged in experience that will enable them to settle down.

:geek:,
Lorina