CHCECEC005

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rupeyfinish

CHCECEC005

Post by Rupeyfinish » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Lorina,

I am stuck with these questions for a while now. Then I though to check if I can get some help from here. It's from a case study and I have include both of the questions and the case study here.

Case Study:
Barbara, an educator, is working in the baby’s room with the correct ratio of support staff: there are babies and toddlers ranging in age from 2 months to 18 months.
Barbara is talking to Elena (17 months) at the mirror. They are pointing out their facial features and pulling faces, as this is something Elena loves to do.
Elena is learning to use the toilet and has begun to understand the routine of when to sit on the toilet. She is a very active child who loves to explore new activities, especially when Barbara is close by.
Brandon (2 months) arrives with his mother, Rita. She places him on the play mat that is spread on the floor in a cordoned-off area of the room.
When Barbara sees Brandon arrive, she explains to Elena that she will be back soon and then goes to welcome Brandon and Rita. Barbara asks how they are, tickling Brandon on the tummy and smiling at him. She then helps Rita put his bag and bottles in the space provided.
They chat and laugh about how hard it is to get enough sleep, and then Barbara asks Rita about the details of the morning. Barbara fills out the parent log with the information that Rita provides her. (See Brandon’s chart following).
Rita gives Brandon a kiss on the forehead, says goodbye and goes to leave.
Barbara notices that Rita seems comfortable leaving Brandon, who is watching the mobiles above his head; nonetheless she reminds Rita she can call if she wants to check how he is going throughout the day.
Soon after Rita leaves, Barbara notices that Brandon has begun to pull faces and wriggle on his play mat, waving his hands up and down. She also notices that somewhere in the room there is a smell that indicates a soiled nappy.
Just as she moves toward the wriggling Brandon, Elena begins to call out for her. The other staff are busy, so Barbara needs to work out what to do.
Barbara moves to Elena and says, ‘You need a hug?’ She gives Elena a hug as she watches Brandon, who is now starting to make little crying noises. Barbara says to Elena, ‘Let’s go over to Brandon, he needs a hug as well’.
At this point, another educator, Russell, comes into the room. Barbara calmly explains the situation in the room and asks Russell to look after Brandon as he probably needs to be moved into a different position and given another toy, unless it is his nappy that needs to be changed.
Russell moves to Brandon and checks his nappy. It needs to be changed. After changing Brandon’s nappy, Russell tells Barbara that Brandon is tired as he is grumpy, and explains that he will put him to bed. Russell takes Brandon into the sleep area saying, ‘Time for sleep Brandon. You seem very tired’.
Consider Brandon’s needs. Barbara communicated with Rita, Brandon’s mother, and noted information she gathered from her about his routine needs. However, Barbara may not have collected all the information she needs.

Questions:

1)Explain how to create a positive mealtime environment for Elena.
-How might the mealtime meet her individual needs?
- How might she be encouraged or supported to explore the foods provided?
-How could you make this predictable?
-What two things might you talk to Elena about?
-Article 30 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is summarised as: ‘Children have the right to learn and use the language and customs of their families, whether or not these are shared by the majority of the people in the country where they live, as long as this does not harm others’. If Elena spoke and understood only Italian, what are two things you could say or do to include her language and customs in the mealtime? What might be included in a meal for a child her age?

Lorina

Re: CHCECEC005

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:33 am

The questions about Elena dont match the scenario which is about Brandon...

:geek:,
Lorina

Rupeyfinish

Post by Rupeyfinish » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 pm

That's okay. I have answered it already. Just few more questions that I am not sure if I answer it correctly.

This is the part of where it mentioned Elena in the case study;

Barbara is talking to Elena (17 months) at the mirror. They are pointing out their facial features and pulling faces, as this is something Elena loves to do.
Elena is learning to use the toilet and has begun to understand the routine of when to sit on the toilet. She is a very active child who loves to explore new activities, especially when Barbara is close by.

Question 1;
If Elena spoke and understood only Italian, what are two things you could say or do to include her language and customs in the mealtime? What might be included in a meal for a child her age?

Answer;
Creating a common or basic mealtime words in Elena's language. Have some Italian food on a meal time. For Elena's age, they can have bread, fruit, vegetable or just solid food etc.

Question 2;
What safety precautions would need to be taken at this activity? Include reference to how you would ensure the space is safe for crawling and walking.

Answer;
Make sure the activity is child safe. Make sure the activity match each children's abilities and responsive to their individual needs etc.

The reference;
NQS -Quality Area 2 – Children's health and safety

Please correct me if it's wrong.

Thank you

Rupeyfinish

Re: CHCECE01

Post by Rupeyfinish » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:59 am

Hi Lorina,

can you please help me with this question that I am stuck with please. I need it as my task will be due this week.

Question
Provide an example of where you have demonstrated respect and supported a reciprocal relationship.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE01

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:58 am

Rupeyfinish wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:59 am
Hi Lorina,

can you please help me with this question that I am stuck with please. I need it as my task will be due this week.

Question
Provide an example of where you have demonstrated respect and supported a reciprocal relationship.

The following will help:

Respect and Reciprocal Relationships

Lorina

Rupeyfinish

Post by Rupeyfinish » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi Lorina,

Could you please help me with this questions please.
Case Study
The children at your service have been excited about the upcoming Australia Day celebrations. Each family is celebrating in their own way.

You are planning to implement a range of activities to explore what it means to be part of Australian culture. You decide one of these activities will include the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, and you will ask them to provide you with additional appropriate and accurate information about their views on the day. You know that there are customs you need to be aware of when meeting and speaking with the community members.

You will also provide a group project about culture and background within Australia. This will start with a discussion about what children are planning to do with their families on Australia Day. You will then introduce additional experiences based on each child’s culture and heritage.

1.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow. How can you ensure that you follow community protocols when engaging with Indigenous community members?

2.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How can you promote collaboration and problem-solving during your proposed experiences?

3. Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How can you ensure you foster positive attitudes to inclusion during your proposed experiences?

4. Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How can you ensure you foster positive attitudes to inclusion during your proposed experiences?
5.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.Provide an example of how you would use open and inclusive communication skills during your proposed experiences.

6.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How can you promote each individual child’s sense of identity through your proposed experiences?

7.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.What could you include in the experiences to broaden all the children’s appreciation of diversity and customs?

8.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How would you respond if you observed the need for additional cultural support?

9.Read the scenario, then answer the questions that follow.How do you think the experience will assist in achieving Early Years Learning Framework Outcome 1? You need to look up the Outcome in the EYLF before providing an explanation. Also explain how the experience relates to your organisational policies and initiatives designed to support participation.

10.Research Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander land ownership in the area of your service. Do this by contacting an appropriate person with knowledge of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history and issues. If you cannot find specific details of your particular area, look wider into the state or territory. Ask the appropriate person about any historical issues or significance regarding the land. Document your findings.

11.There are many historical factors that have had a contemporary impact on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Research two (2) of these factors and detail your findings in several paragraphs for each. Remember to use your own words and acknowledge any sources of information.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 am

Please include your responses...

Lorina