CHCECE009 - Examples Of Pedagogical Practices

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Stephyhelen

CHCECE009 - Examples Of Pedagogical Practices

Post by Stephyhelen » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi,
Would somebody be able to help me please. I'm doing an assignment and a little confused.
investigate and document your own involvement in at least three examples of pedagogical practices in your service. What are some examples of pedagogical practices?

Steph :)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE009 - Examples Of Pedagogical Practices

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi Steph,

So you need to know what pedagogical practices are, the following information should help:

What Is Pedagogy
Professional Pedagogy Project - Section 3 of this document talks about pedagogical techniques and strategies which will probably help with your response.

:geek:,
Lorina

Darell

Post by Darell » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi Lorina,

I need some help please.
the question is: Provide three (3) examples of how your service applies the practices of EYLF
my answer:
1. Intentional teaching - our centre use scales, rulers and tape measure to explore balance, weight and measurement. These strategies extend on children’s problem solving and thinking such as demonstrating, explaining and questioning.
2. Learning environments - our centre ensures that the needs and interest of the children are being catered. We offer children and families to contribute ideas, and questions for our indoor and outdoor environment, we ask each parent for inputs in our environment that would interests and/or benefit their child. It provides a range of opportunities for individual and shared experiences
3. Responsiveness to children -in our centre we make sure we engage with the child. When they arrive we smile and say hello and tell them that we are happy to see them. We encourage children to explore and find an activity. We make sure that we are there to support them when they are feeling sad on their arrival and give them assurance that they will be safe and that we will look after them. We will offer if they would like a cuddle or they would like to hold my hand to make them feel better. This way we are allowing children to express themselves.

Assessors comment: Intentional teaching- This is not teaching. You are telling the use of resources. You are to think of example where you purposely teach children without any initiation form them.

Learning environment: Please elaborate. Explain the environment, what opportunities are given to them.

Responsiveness to children- What you have written is to make secure, respectful relationships with children. Please provide a specific example where you respond to children in relation to their learning or any need.

can I get some help on this please.

thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:25 am

See if the following helps:

Understanding EYLF

Lorina

maria68

Post by maria68 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi There,
I'm new to Aussie childcare Network. I hope I'm on the right track with how I'm posting,
I would like some help with how to answer this please.

Reflect on your interactions with the children, their families and educators within the environment, use this to reflect in 500 words on the pedagogical practices
( educational professional practices) that you draw on when you are interacting with others.

Thankyou Maria

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:59 pm

maria68 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 pm
Hi There,
I'm new to Aussie childcare Network. I hope I'm on the right track with how I'm posting,
I would like some help with how to answer this please.

Reflect on your interactions with the children, their families and educators within the environment, use this to reflect in 500 words on the pedagogical practices
( educational professional practices) that you draw on when you are interacting with others.

Thankyou Maria

Hi Maria,

Welcome on board! :wave:

The following information may help:
Pedagogy

Lorina

Darell

Post by Darell » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:21 am

Lorina wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:25 am
See if the following helps:

Understanding EYLF

Lorina
thank you Lorina

paulou65@bigpond.com

Post by paulou65@bigpond.com » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:26 pm

How do u post pics of things on here plz

e4292

Post by e4292 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi I’m doing the same unit which I’m stuck on can anyone pls help.
-
List some contextual information from recent studies that could be considered by services when providing early childhood education to children and families. Pictures attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.