First Aid Requirements 001 or 004

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tlc_093_

First Aid Requirements 001 or 004

Post by tlc_093_ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:45 am

Hi!

I am currently studying my cert 3 and have recently moved to a new town and gained employment in an OSHC program.

I have my first aid and all other requirements, but the new centre wants me to pay for the first aid course ending in 004. I understand this is a child care specific first aid course. But I have done the refresher course last year and I'm covered up until mid march.

The refresher I have done is through Queensland Ambulance Service and is titled: PCPR with asthma (non-acredited) anaphylaxis (non-acredited) for childcare centres. Is this acceptable until it's time to re do it? It covered all the topics in childcare.

Ultimately if I have to do it I will, but why was this acceptable at my previous centre and not at the OSHC when my old centre was rated exceeding? Surely something like that would not have passed?

Kind regards,

Tiarna

Lorina

Re: First Aid Requirements 001 or 004

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:04 pm

Ok, the difference is that with the First Aid course 004 ACECQA has endorsed it.

"Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting HLTAID004

The Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed HLTAID004 as satisfying all educator requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training - as outlined by National Regulations. Anyone looking to work, or currently working, in the childcare industry including schools, day care centres and educational environments will need this first aid certificate".

Even though you have already completed your First Aid certificate since ACECQA has endorsed the above course, services will want Educators to get that specific course.

So, that's why you have to redo it.

:geek:,
Lorina