Health and safety cluster

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Chickenparmylover789

Health and safety cluster

Post by Chickenparmylover789 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi, im not sure if im on the right track. im having a few issues understanding the EYLF outcomes ect.
Could you see if im on the right track?

1. Based on Max’s mother’s recent discussions of his sleep & rest preferences, what quiet play experiences might you offer to Max during the room’s sleep and rest routine?

Answer. Following on the discussion with Max’s mother earlier on Max feels like he does not need a sleep. If Max shows any signs with being tired they can encourage him to go and have a nap. To avoid disruption with the other children who are resting I would ensure and provide Max with relaxing and quiet methods making sure that these activities are not too stimulating. There are many different activities that can be suggested to Max throughout the time the other kids are resting. These activities can be things such as; listening/reading story books, colouring in playing with soft quiet toys or playing with puzzles. I can encourage him by playing with the toys by leading him over to the toys and showing him what he can play with making sure that the toys are not too loud for the children resting.

2. Identify one learning outcome and sub-element from your states approved learning framework that supports your response e.g. EYLF

Answer: The approved learning framework that I have chosen that is relevant to my response is the Belonging, Being and becoming Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) this applies to children between the ages of 0-5. The Belonging, Being and becoming relates to my response as it has 5 learning outcomes. The five outcomes are Children have a strong sense of identity, children are connected with and contribute to their world, children have a strong sense of wellbeing, children are confident and involved learners and the last one is children are effective communicators. The specific learning outcome that relates to my response is

3. Identify at least 3 strategies you could use to share information with the children’s family about rest?

1. Strategies used to share information with the children’s family about rest could be showed by sleep chart that showing the times he went to sleep and woke up.