Question about CSE levels

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Scott1982

Question about CSE levels

Post by Scott1982 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Do CSE levels refer to years of experience or years with the employer? E.g. If someone was being paid at CSE 3.3 but the centre changed owners and new employment contracts were drawn up, legally do they only need to be paid at 3.1 even if they had worked with the previous owner for 5 years and had completed their Cert 3 several years ago?

Thankyou.

Lorina

Re: Question about CSE levels

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 pm

It refers to years of experience with your qualification...

If you have been on Level 3.3 then you should stay on Level 3.3. Level 3.1. is actually for a newly qualified cert 3 Educator. So, if you have been on Level 3.3 - you should stay on that level.

:geek:,
Lorina

Scott1982

Post by Scott1982 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:51 am

Thank you very much for your reply Lorina, I figured it would be as you say but wanted another opinion.

Another question if I may...
If I was looking at employing a fully qualified early child hood teacher with 3+ years experience on a permanent part time basis, what CSE level would they fall under? Their role would be as an educator and in charge of the learning programs first & foremost as there is current director in place. I think it would be 5.3 but just want to clarify again.

Thank you again for a providing great industry resource here.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:42 pm

No problem! Sometimes it's good to get clarification.

Also thanks so much for your support! Appreciate it!

For an ECT (degree qualified) Educator, they are on a different Award. Their pay rate will come from the Educational Service Teachers Award, 2010. The level to determine their pay rate depends on the length of study.

Here is some information that may help:

ECT Award Wages In Australia

Let me know if you need further clarification.

:geek:,
Lorina