CHCECE024 - Designing Program Plans

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
amy.jowett

CHCECE024 - Designing Program Plans

Post by amy.jowett » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Hey guys, I have done task 1 in this unit, but I'm struggling with Task 2 Curriculum Planning Formats
Collect three (3) curriculum planning formats that can be used to program for a large number of children. You may access these from planning textbooks, unit notes and reputable Internet websites; however you are encouraged to visit local services and collect authentic examples.
b) Analyse each of the collected planning formats and discuss: (total 20 marks)
i. How the format reflects or does not reflect your view of the child and educator (4 marks)

ii. How individual and group strengths, interests and goals in conjunction with the Framework’s Learning Outcomes are planned for. (4 marks)

iii. How the curriculum planning format records each child’s participation in the program and the opportunity for children and family to comment on and provide feedback about the curriculum. (4 marks) How families and children can actively contribute to future planning in order to support the learning, development and interests of the children. (2 marks)

iv. How the program format is accessible, flexible, easy to use and interpret by staff and families. (2 marks)

v. How documented assessment and critical reflection and evaluation by educators is included. Does it include what children know, say and can do? Is there evidence that shows how this assessment/evaluation leads to future curriculum decision making that extends children’s learning? (4 marks)
c) You now need to develop your own curriculum planning format that you could use to plan for a large group of children. Include a summary of your justification for your chosen design. Use the same five (5) criteria that you used to evaluate the formats in part b of this task. (Total 10 marks)
Ensure that your design is accessible, flexible and allows for reflection, integration and extension of ideas. It should be a ‘living’ document.
The learner’s curriculum format will be individual in style and format.
However, a successful planning format will reflect the following attributes:
• Provide space for individual focus children, small groups of children and larger groups. (1 mark)
• Provide space for play experiences and learning centres to be recorded. (1 mark)
• Provide space to record future planning suggestions, reflection and evaluation of current experiences. (1 mark)
• Be accessible for other team members to use, set up the environment and implement the program. (1 mark)
• Allow provision for transitions between significant parts of the day. (1 mark)
• Incorporate individual and service routines and rituals as potential learning opportunities. (1 mark)
• Give details of initial ideas/plans, resources and materials required, staff contributions and recommendations. (1 mark)
• Give detail on how to present the development and cycle of the program over the week. (1 mark)
• Note how interest centres will be documented and how they will be evaluated over the work placement period. (1 mark)
• Note how to document project/investigations. This could include a topic web and associated curriculum web. (1 mark)

d) Outline a process or a planning format to ensure that all children in the group are planned for over time. (5 marks)

End of Task 2

Lorina

Re: CHCECE024 - Designing Program Plans

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:29 am

Have you been able to collect some samples? One, you do this, it should give you an idea on how to create your own plan...

:geek:,
Lorina

Amber22

Post by Amber22 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi Lorina,

I'm also struggling with the same. I'm finding it hard to research samples that relate. Do you have any recommendations where i can find relevant ones?

thanks in advance!

HeidiAmiri

Post by HeidiAmiri » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 pm

hi i need help on this one pleaseeeeee
??????????????????

pinkchos

Post by pinkchos » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:23 am

hi lorina.
please help with this one. I dont really understand what they are, will there be any sample answer to this? or please advise on what to do. thanks in advance.

xx

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:42 pm

You need to collect samples of programs first. Have you done this?

Lorina

pinkchos

Post by pinkchos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 pm

hi lorina, yes i already have some samples.
how do i upload the samples? thanks

pinkchos

Post by pinkchos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:01 pm

this is the first one

this is the 2nd one

please help, lorina. thank u

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:56 pm

OK, so now go through each question...
amy.jowett wrote:QR_BBPOST i. How the format reflects or does not reflect your view of the child and educator (4 marks)

ii. How individual and group strengths, interests and goals in conjunction with the Framework’s Learning Outcomes are planned for. (4 marks)

iii. How the curriculum planning format records each child’s participation in the program and the opportunity for children and family to comment on and provide feedback about the curriculum. (4 marks)

How families and children can actively contribute to future planning in order to support the learning, development and interests of the children. (2 marks)

iv. How the program format is accessible, flexible, easy to use and interpret by staff and families. (2 marks)

v. How documented assessment and critical reflection and evaluation by educators is included. Does it include what children know, say and can do? Is there evidence that shows how this assessment/evaluation leads to future curriculum decision making that extends children’s learning? (4 marks)

Lorina

pinkchos

Post by pinkchos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:01 pm

hi lorina...

please help with my answer.. thanks.

i. How the format reflects (or does not reflect) your view of the child and educator linking back your philosophy.
pls help me, i dont knw what to write.

ii. How individual and group strengths, interests and goals in conjunction with your state’s Early Childhood Learning Framework learning outcomes are referenced.

Curriculum program planning involves using the information collected from various resources. It is intentional and are intended to achieve a learning outcome based on the EYLF. Which means all experiences are planned on a daily basis, and planned to be available on that specific day. Each experience on the curriculum plan must have an objective and clearly states where the experience came from. It will then provided a clear link to the learning objective and to the original source or documentation of where the experience is originated from.

iii. How the curriculum format allows for each child’s participation in the program and the opportunity for children and family to comment on and provide feedback on the curriculum. How families and children can actively contribute to future planning in order to support the learning, development and interests of the children.

In both format, there are column for parents' input and suggestions. That is the place where families will be able to give input or ideas.
With curriculum program that the educator filled in everyday, it allows family to have an opportunities in engaging with children's daily experiences, Families will be able to know what their children did in that particular day, allowing family to give an input when needed.
I believed it is very important to keep the lines of communication open, not only by sending regular newsletters or notes but also obtaining information from families.
Talk to parents about their children, add experiences based on what parents want. Also talk to children about what they are interested in knowing and what they want to do, then add to the curriculum.
Once a month, educators could schedule a conferences in the evenings with the working parents. This will allow families to get to know one another. Also will allow families to know about the centre's future planning or activities.
Lastly, always provide regular opportunities for face to face sessions exchange with families. Which can be done in the morning when the children arrive or in the evening when the children are ready to go home.

iv. How the format is accessible, flexible, inclusive and easy to use and interpret by staff and families.

The first weekly program is I believed too many to fill in, It is too long and too complicated. The second one, is alright, it is not too long, but I think, it is hard to understand. I think a good program format should be simple and easy to fill by anyone.
To make the format easy to use, we have to create content that can be easily revisited and accessed in different ways at different times. Always present information in more than one way (text, image, chart or graphic).Whenever possible, present digital text rather than printed text so children can personalise how they access and adjust.

v. How documented assessment, critical reflection and evaluation by educators is included. Detail how this assessment/evaluation can lead to future curriculum decision making.
please help with this too

hi lorina, your help will be much appreciated. please help. thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:30 pm

pinkchos wrote:QR_BBPOST The first weekly program is I believed too many to fill in, It is too long and too complicated. The second one, is alright, it is not too long, but I think, it is hard to understand. I think a good program format should be simple and easy to fill by anyone.

I think if you see a completed sample, you will understand how to fill it in. However, you are entitled to your opinion so thanks for the input!

pinkchos wrote: QR_BBPOST i. How the format reflects (or does not reflect) your view of the child and educator linking back your philosophy.
pls help me, i dont knw what to write.

You have to refer back to your own personal philosophy what your ideas, beliefs are and how the curriculum plans fit or don't fit in with it...

pinkchos wrote:QR_BBPOST v. How documented assessment, critical reflection and evaluation by educators is included. Detail how this assessment/evaluation can lead to future curriculum decision making.

For e.g. the Daily curriculum plan has reflection questions that the educator need to fill in at the end of the day which will help in curriculum decision making.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Bree!

Post by Bree! » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:41 am

HI Lorina,
I too am currently completing this question and I was hoping you could read my answers and just let me know if I am on the right track?
Thank you in advance
Bree

i. How the format reflects (or does not reflect) your view of the child and educator linking back your philosophy.
ii. How individual and group strengths, interests and goals in conjunction with your state’s Early Childhood Learning Framework learning outcomes are referenced.
iii. How the curriculum format allows for each child’s participation in the program and the opportunity for children and family to comment on and provide feedback on the curriculum. How families and children can actively contribute to future planning in order to support the learning, development and interests of the children.
iv. How the format is accessible, flexible, inclusive and easy to use and interpret by staff and families.
v. How documented assessment, critical reflection and evaluation by educators is included. Detail how this assessment/evaluation can lead to future curriculum decision making.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:26 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

Lorina

Kirtidahiya

Post by Kirtidahiya » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:09 am

An example of a feedback form that could be used to gather information to evaluate this course is shown. Complete the form and identify any improvements that could be made to the course. What has this activity shown you about using evaluation information towards further design of programs?
Please help me in this q

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:45 am

OK, what improvements do you think could be made? What do you suugest could be improved? What worked what didn't work?

Lorina

Mayverano

Post by Mayverano » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi
I need a sample template of weekly program if anyone has a copy would you u mind to show it to me? Please just getting an idea. Thank you

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:37 pm

Mayverano wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:24 pm
Hi
I need a sample template of weekly program if anyone has a copy would you u mind to show it to me? Please just getting an idea. Thank you
Plenty on google & this site 😊

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... s-wiz-serp