HLTWHS003 - Record Keeping Of Incident Reports

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mandymoo

HLTWHS003 - Record Keeping Of Incident Reports

Post by mandymoo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:58 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTWHS003
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi can someone tell me how long incident reports need to be kept for both children and staff in NSW. TIA

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have looked on all relevant websites but can't seem to find an answer

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HLTWHS003 - Record Keeping Of Incident Reports

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:25 am

I found the following information in the Educational and Care Services National Regulations - NSW:
The records must be kept—
(a) if the record relates to an incident, illness, injury or trauma suffered by a child while being educated and cared for by the education and care service, until the child is aged 25 years;
(b) if the record relates to an incident, illness, injury or trauma suffered by a child that may have occurred following an incident while being educated and cared for by the education and care service, until the child is aged 25 years;
(c) if the record relates to the death of a child while being educated and cared for by the education and care service or that may have occurred as a result of an incident while being educated and cared for, until the end of 7 years after the death;

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A