Diwali Activities

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Harmony
Participator
Participator

Diwali Activities

Post by Harmony » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has ideas for Diwali?
:)

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Celebrating Diwali

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 pm

I am interested in getting some ideas too... :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 am

I am currently in India and getting ready for Diwali. Fireworks have already started going off during the day to the lead up of the Diwali. Already bought some fireworks to set off and looking forward in dressing up and spending the day with family and of course the fireworks. Here in India you actually buy firworks and set them off on the streets yourself!! Pretty cool!

Here are some ideas you could do:

[album]240[/album][album]238[/album][album]237[/album][album]239[/album]

HAPPY DIWALI!

:geek:,
L.A

Harmony
Participator
Participator

Post by Harmony » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks L.A :)

I've been asking some children and families at my centre this morning, some ideas that have been shared are to make some Indian food, put up Christmas lights as its celebrating lights, bindis, make a rangoli, henna (painting hands and/or a paper template of hands for chn to decorate)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Happy Diwali all! Today is Diwali isint it or is it tomorrow? Lorina the firework must be going off in India, hope you're having a great time with your family and Maya's first Diwali!! We did a diwalie craft and rangoli at our centre and one of the indian parents there said what a big celebration it is in india. First I thought rangoli is the one they do in their hands and harmony's post cleared that for me. lol.. Been a fun week at work this week. Celebrated halloween on thursday and diwalie on friday! This week went so fast :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 am

@ Harmony: You have some great ideas on ways to celebrate Diwali. Hope you had a fantastic day.

@ Nat: Sounds like you had a great Diwali! The fireworks started a few days before. It's pretty amazing all the children and adults doing their own fireworks. They have different types of fireworks which they sell in the shops. You just light them up and off they go...:giggle: We just did a few fireworks this year mainly for Maya. She was looking at the fireworks and all the colours... Great time indeed!

L.A

aahnasharma7690

Post by aahnasharma7690 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi,
Diwali is the time of the year, when everybody wants to be near their loved ones. No matter, how far they live from their house and family all round year, but during Diwali everyone visits their loved ones to celebrate the festival. And it is a fact, that Diwali celebration can be extra special when celebrated with people you love. Diwali celebration 2014 can be really splendid if you actually indulge in celebrations and take part in all the rituals with high spirits.
Happy Diwali in advance to all......

lenorajohnson

Post by lenorajohnson » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:19 pm

How to celebrate a environmentally safe diwali?

1. Don't allow kids to play with crackers without elders supervision.
2. Don't burst crackers near combustible materials.
3. Guide kids not to hold the sparklers near body.
4. Play with crackers in open ground.
5. Don't Wear long dresses while bursting crackers.
6. Don't burst crackers near animals, aged and sick people.

Celebrate a safe and eco-friendly diwali.. !!! :P

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 am

lenorajohnson wrote:How to celebrate a environmentally safe diwali?

1. Don't allow kids to play with crackers without elders supervision.
2. Don't burst crackers near combustible materials.
3. Guide kids not to hold the sparklers near body.
4. Play with crackers in open ground.
5. Don't Wear long dresses while bursting crackers.
6. Don't burst crackers near animals, aged and sick people.

Celebrate a safe and eco-friendly diwali.. !!! :P
I think only in India you can burst your own fireworks! It's incredible to celebrate Diwali in India itself which I have been lucky enough to experience!! Seeing children on the streets all dressed up and enjoying themselves, lighting fireworks and the sounds of so many fireworks going off in each street... It's amazing. It may sound dangerous but you really need to experience it for yourself to get a feel for it! Too bad in Aus we can't do it :giggle:

Happy Diwali all!

L.A

diwalidecoration

Re: Diwali Activities

Post by diwalidecoration » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Diwali- biggest festival in india. and if i talk about best place for Diwali then whole indian celebrate Diwali in their tradition way and all ways are too good . people started their celebration before few days. celebration like Diwali shooping, Diwali decoration, prepair gifts for their near and dear.
Diwali decoration is one of the best activities. we can make handmade cards for good wishes, handmade Diwali Decoration items, diya decoration, rangoli and more.
for more ideas for Diwali decoration https://decoratehome652229206.wordpress.comLINK

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Diwali Activities

Post by Nandy84 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:51 pm

Hello,

It is a Festival of Lights and Hindus celebrate it with joy. During this festival, people light up their houses and shops with Diyas (Small cup-shaped oil lamps made of baked clay). We worship the Lord Ganesha for welfare and prosperity and Goddess Lakshmi for wealth and wisdom.

Deepawali means a row of deep. Deeps are clay pots that are lit up on the night of Diwali. Diwali is a five days long celebration consisting of Dhanteras, Choti Diwali, Diwali, Govardhan Puja, and Bhai Dooj. This celebration marks the return of Lord Rama to his home Ayodhya after defeating the demon Ravana of Lanka.

We Indians, buy fireworks and set them to light mostly in the evening sky as it symbolizes the loss of evil with the light.

We, generally, decorate our home with rangolis, paint clay diyas to light up across our home, prepare sweets together, buy new clothes, light sparklers, paint, and light lanterns on Diwali.

This is a very long topic to discuss, but hope you get the basic idea about it.

Thanks

Nandita