What are you working on this week with your children?

Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
little yellow
Participator
Participator

What are you working on this week with your children?

Post by little yellow » Sun May 20, 2012 8:56 am

What is your "theme" and what activities have you got planned for the week?

My littleys have shown a great interest in planes at the moment as we have alot (army and comercial) flying over every day.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: What are you working on this week with your children?

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon May 21, 2012 11:19 pm

This week we are working on numbers. A few parents have said that their children have been counting objects and identifying different numbers, so I wanted to add this onto the program this week. At group time, I have 5 cheeky monkeys and 10 fat sausages felts to use at group time and also will be counting different objects around the room and matching them with the correct number. In book area I'm going to add a number poster at child's eye level and have a few counting activities to set up. Let's see how it goes!

patty

Post by patty » Tue May 22, 2012 12:15 am

This week we are continuing from last week making a indoor fairy garden :) my toddlers made a large rainbow to put on the wall, they made toadstools out of door knobs for the fairies to sit on and tomorrow I'm putting glitter and fairy dust we made around the toadstools to see if they think that the fairies have been there overnight :) so much fun!!! we are also working on our shapes, colors and days of the week :) oh and we're learning how to sing with sign language :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 am

Great thread! Very interesting to read what others are doing at their centre!

Wow... What a busy week you've all had!

The current interest this week has been space. We have been reading stories based in space, looking at space picture books, making rockets, stars and and having group discussions about night/day etc. We have even been taking photos of the sky during the day and evenings to compare. There is still a continuing interest and more children in the group are getting involved... I'm going to extend on the experiences from this week for next week as well...

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Have you ever noticed that a majority of 'counting songs" are reverse counting 10, 9 , 8 etc.

We are working on FMS by threading, cooperative skills (There is a plank of wow for the children to use as they please but the play must be mutually agreed upon) and we are refining our self help skills by focussing on buttons and snaps..

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Some of next weeks experiences include farm animal figurines in block area, eye dropper painting using water colouring paints, creating farm animals for art n craft, cooking pizzas and I'm creating a vet in home corner... My toddlers are obsessed with farm animals at the moment so I'm eager to see where it takes us!

Kinda sad because it's my second last week before I leave however I'm going to make the most of it! :(

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Suegclarke

Post by Suegclarke » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Im doing road safety. Road signs, crossing the road and seat belts. The children have included police in their play so wondering if any one had any ideas on creating a police station inside.

Thankyou