Stories To Read About Going To The Toilet For Toddlers

Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tp1cole

Stories To Read About Going To The Toilet For Toddlers

Post by tp1cole » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi. Was just wondering if anyone could recommend some good potty training books to read to toddlers please :wave:
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Toilet training

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:39 pm

One of the ones I used to read to my group of toddlers is called "No More Diapers For Ducky". It's a cute story and easy to follow... It helps get the message across.

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Re: Stories To Read About Going To The Toilet For Toddlers

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 am

Just wanted to share...

This week I have successfully toilet trained my 20 month old. I started off with a story on the Ipad "Kiddie - Potty Training" (past couple of weeks). A rhyming story on how the character goes to the toilet. Very simple for toddlers to understand! It also incorporates a reward chart. So, each time my bub did a wee I gave her a sticker on the iPad. Once she received her iPad Potty Certificate, she moved onto real stickers. I'm using an old diary which my bub calls her "special book" so every time she does a wee she chooses a sticker for her special book. She is so proud and shows off all the stickers she has collected so far. I was always kind of weary about using a reward system but it really works wonders, especially for toilet training the younger toddlers. So, as a parent reading a story about the toilet training is really helpful for toddlers to get an idea on what to do and expect!

:geek:,
Lorina