Working for Goodstart

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bella007

Working for Goodstart

Post by Bella007 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 am

Hi Everyone,

I am considering working for Goodstart in Brisbane and was hoping that someone may be able to assist me with some questions I have. Please feel free to add in some of the things you like and dislike about working for the company as any information would be much appreciated.

I have read a review of the company that staff have to attend professional development training once a month and have to pay for it? Is this true? How often do staff, (particularly Educator Assistants), have to attend training every year and do the staff have to pay for it?

As an Assistant, regarding paperwork; how much of it do you have to do each day? Apart from the usual cleaning checklists, bottle register checklist, Incident forms, Health & Safety checklist and opening/ closing checklist, what other paperwork is needed to be completed by an Assistant?

In general, do you work 7.5 hours each day or 8 hour shifts?

Lunch breaks – Do you get 1 hour lunch break unpaid? Or is it a 30min unpaid lunch break with a paid 15 min tea break?

Thank-you again and sorry for all the questions.