Tax Free Threshold as a casual

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
DaniAndLilly

Tax Free Threshold as a casual

Post by DaniAndLilly » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

Hello wonderful people,

I was just wondering if anyone knew about how the tax declaration form should be filled in when working as a casual. My assumption is that you must choose one of the centres you work for as your "tax free threshold" employee but that somehow seems a little unfair given you cannot predict where you will be receiving the most work. I understand at the end of the financial year any excess tax you've paid will be returned to you but I guess I'm just hoping someone has some alternative ideas.

Many thanks,
Rachael

Lorina

Re: Tax Free Threshold as a casual

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Rachael,

It's really hard to determine this as a casual... If you work at a few centres then maybe you can claim the tax-free threshold from the centre you're getting the most money from...

I'm still trying to find some information about this for you...

:geek:,
Lorina

DaniAndLilly

Re: Tax Free Threshold as a casual

Post by DaniAndLilly » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks Lorina,

From the little research I did it seems that if you have multiple employers you must select one employer who you think will be giving you the most work. If you select incorrectly it will be corrected when you lodge your tax return.

So I guess at the end of the day it will balance out after you lodge your tax return regardless of which employer you select. It's just a bit frustrating.

I appreciate your help though.