Stress at work !!! Need advice

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Yeetstar

Stress at work !!! Need advice

Post by Yeetstar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi everyone
I’ve been under a lot of stress at work , my room leader of three years has mental health issues. It’s really getting me down to the point of affecting my own mental health and personal life. My room leader is always down and depressed in front of children. I approached the director and she said there’s nothing she can do and basically disregarded my own feelings and stress........ I think because I always appear happy. I don’t know what to do????

Lorina

Re: Stress at work !!! Need advice

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:01 am

Why isn't the director doing anything about it?

Of course there is something she can do... bloody talk to the Educator and get help support if that what she needs?? Just hearing this is frustrating I cant imagine being in your position and facing this on a daily basis!

Have you confronted the room leader yourself? Just let her know that you understand that she may be feeling off and that its affecting you and your work. Maybe offer a listening ear get her to vent might make her feel better.

Try and not let it affect you... it's her problems and her issues that she is dealing with. I know you may get annoyed and frustrated seeing her depressed but don't let it get to you. You continue to be strong and follow through the daily routines etc.

The best thing to do is talk to your room leader yourself and offer your support.

:geek:,
Lorina

Yeetstar

Post by Yeetstar » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:48 am

Thanks for your reply
I have done this on many occasions and it is so draining. Hasn’t seemed to help. This has been going on for years and and now I feel drained and down because of it. It’s such a touchy subject I think that’s why nothing has been done even with performance.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:34 am

It such a stressful situation to be in but try not to let it get to you. Focus on yourself and the children for the day and then when you finish work go home and relax and try to focus on it.

:geek:,
Lorina