first time accreditation

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jeffnae

first time accreditation

Post by Jeffnae » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

hey there every one.

I am after a little help about what kind of questions accreditaton will ask when they visit my centre next. and what stuff I should be making sure is completely done.

any guidance will be great. also what questions they may ask my team members.
thanks rena e

Lorina

Re: first time accreditation

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 am

Hi Renae,

Have you been following up on the NQS at your centre? I’m pretty sure with accreditation at the moment, they will look into each of the 7 quality areas of the national quality standard. Have you submitted the centre self-study report and improvement plan? From what I have heard they could ask your staff about the details that you mentioned in the self-study report and improvement plan but then again this depends on the individual accreditor.

I think that it is important to go through each of the quality areas in the NQS with your staff and find examples of how you’re implementing each quality standard at your centre. Also, make sure that your programming and planning, observations etc. are all up to date and staff can clearly explain the process of how you do your documentation. If you’re implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, they may also ask questions about how you are supporting children’s learning through EYLF, how you include belonging, being and becoming as well as the learning outcomes.

Staff should also be aware where documents are kept at the centre such as policies and procedures manual, parent information, staff meeting minutes, menus, incident and illness reports, manager responsible on duty sign, staffing qualifications and information, allergy information, attendance records, medication… basically they should be able to locate most documents.

It’s also probably a good idea to go over the basic principles with accreditation. There are many times staffs forget that they are being watched. Such as using gloves when serving food, washing hands after wiping noses, encouraging children to wear hats outside, following correct nappy change procedure, using voice control… pretty much the basics.

I know it seems like a lot of information to take on and you know what going through accreditation is scary! However, if you have everything in order and everyone is on the same page then all will be good. Oh and also not every accreditation is the same. It really depends on who is accrediting you... some dig deeper than others...:giggle:

If you need info on the NQS let me know and I’ll see what I can find.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Jeffnae

Post by Jeffnae » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks . Our accreditation is on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. We obviously submitted our QIP back in July... And known for a few weeks when they are coming....

Iam observing my staffto morrow.staff And I hope my staff see this as a help... Not intimidating , as I ain't imitidiating I am sure compared to accreditation.. . Lol..

If any one has any other support or guidance that will be greatly appreciated...

Renae

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 am

Just a quick one... I know you have accreditation tomorrow... How did it go?

Jeffnae

Post by Jeffnae » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 am

hi. observing staff went quite well. hope fully today is just any normal . staff are quite nervous. I am on my way to work now to start the day. wish us luck.

renae

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:25 am

Well it's almost the end of the week, which means your accreditation has finished! How did you go? Are there any big changes that have to be made? Are they overall pleased with your centre?

Hope all went well!

:geek:,
L.A

Jeffnae

Post by Jeffnae » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi L.A

Yeah accreditation have left us, they don't tell us a lot obviously and have to wait for our report which they both seem to think will be early February when we receive... Longtime to wait....

They commented on how ugh we work on as a team, which is good to hear... As some of our staff think we don't...

Only thing they commented on was sustainability, hence why I asked on another post what do staff do, especially as it is an element I don't think we have enough..

If you could let me know what you do that will be greatly appreciated.

Renae