Feeling not included

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trish73
Participator
Participator

Feeling not included

Post by trish73 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:13 am

Hi, I work as a casual educator at the same childcare centre. There are days I don't feel included by the other educators. For example just yesterday, me and 3 other educators were sitting down with the children lunch and the other 3 educators including the room leader asked each other how they were all going, I thought I was going to be asked how I was going to, but I wasn't asked. This left me feeling I was not included and afterwards, I felt like I was in the other educators way . The room leader is cold towards me, doesn't show any welcoming behaviour. I always have to say hi or good morning to her and the other educators first.
Should I let my director know about the situation?

Lorina

Re: Feeling not included

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Honestly in my opinion at some services permanent educators don't really include the casual educators since you're only a "casual". They can't be bothered saying hi or getting to know you because you are only there as a casual and will come and go. It's the most ridiculous thing ever but it does happen. Don't take it personally. Go to the centre, do your work and leave. If Educators interact with you great but if not don't be bothered about it.

:geek:,
Lorina

trish73
Participator
Participator

Post by trish73 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:19 am

Thanks Lorina đź‘Ť

Pavani

Post by Pavani » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:53 pm

trish73 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:19 am
Thanks Lorina đź‘Ť
:clap:

We are always happy to answer your queries. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pavani

Post by Pavani » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:14 pm

Hi,

It generally happens in most of the people's casuals. No need to worry about this and you should not take it much more personally. Simply you perform well by enjoying work. Then you automatically Educators interact with you at some point. Hope for the best with positive vibrations any time. We wish you all the very best.

Thank You.

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nandy84 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:26 pm

Hello,
As per me, I would like to tell you that it happens with the “casual” educators. Though it is completely baseless and ridiculous. I can understand on daily basis it becomes hard to handle this type of exclusion behaviour strongly. But I would like to suggest you either you just ignore them, do your work and leave the centre or if you want to give it a try then be polite and, if possible, steer the conversation towards a mutual ground, greet and wish them. In this way slowly you will be perhaps included. But the best thing according to me is to try not to worry about it too much. Just your work and do not take it personally.
Stay strong.
Thanks
Nandita