Ethical dilemma - How your centre prepares for department visits

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Barbie
Participator
Participator

Ethical dilemma - How your centre prepares for department visits

Post by Barbie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Interested to know how other centres handle department visits.
Basically i've found my centre has done a complete overhaul in preparation for the department visit and is even going as far as LYING (ratios, qualifications of workers etc) Management overhauling rooms with activities they've set out and even telling us how to act in certain situations when we never ever run our routine this way.
Brought up as an honest person i find this totally depolorable and find it hypocritical that we as childcare workers have an obligation to mandatory report child abuse yet its ok to lie like this as community workers?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Re: Ethical dilemna

Post by Misse84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Before our inspection,my director went crazy and got everything fixed that she refused to beforehand.

She did not even have our working with children checks,and we had to lie too. It was very hard for me too,and it is sad that this must be going on in other centers too.

I would maybe look for another job? But in the end if they get caught out it will be their fault and they will be in big trouble,not you.

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: Ethical dilemna

Post by dulciean » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi Barbie
I feel for your dilemma..over the years I have seen this behavior umpteen times, and yes it is deplorable. I think the assessors are quite aware of some of these things, thus the new methods of talking to any and all staff- not just GL's and the Director. The industry is in a state of flux, the powers-that-be are a bit more switched on and over the next several years we should see a shake up happening , greater transparency and hopefully this will prevent these fake and unethical centers from getting proper accreditation!