EBA / Union

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ECOMP971

EBA / Union

Post by ECOMP971 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:54 pm

:wave: Hey Everyone

I am new to this industry and have been working FT since 11th May in LDC. According to my manager our EBA states that we are entitled for up to 8 hours of study leave per month. I have conflicting information about how I am to access this from HR....
I have no idea what our EBA is called and was wandering if someone could please tell me? I would like to read it and save a copy. Also wondering if the union body for child care educators is ASU ? I don't want to join but I would like to know.
Much appreciation if anyone can help :thumbup: Cheers - Elizabeth

Lorina

Re: EBA / Union

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

An EBA (Enterprise Bargaining Agreement) are agreements made at an enterprise level between employers and employees and their union, about terms and conditions of employment. They can be made by more than one employer, with a group of employees. Although Awards cover minimum pay and conditions for an industry, enterprise agreements/EBA can cover specific arrangements for a particular enterprise. Enterprise Agreements/EBA's are negotiated between your union and your employer. Your union represents your interests if you're a member.

Ref: Enterprise Agreement

I think that's why in your EBA you are entitled to 8 hours of study leave per month...

Yes, ASU is a union body for child care educators typically for those educators working in council run centres. Maybe ASU is the union that made the agreement with your centre...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:25 pm

I just found this as well:

All Enterprise Agreements can be found on Fair Work Australia.

Fair Work Australia

If you are a member of the Communication Workers Union, you can contact the union or contact Fair Work Australia.

And yes, you can see your Agreement – it's a public document.

Hope this helps,

Lorina

ECOMP971

Post by ECOMP971 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:47 pm

thank you so much for your help Lorina - much appreciated :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 am

No problem! Hope you were able to find what you were looking for!

Lorina