Amazing multicultural opportunity

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LindyT
Coach
Coach

Amazing multicultural opportunity

Post by LindyT » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:24 am

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some ideas for an amazing opportunity that has presented itself.

One of my FDC children has a Father seeing Active Service in Somalia and Cambodia.
He does not reside with the child but both parents are keen for him to involve himself with every aspect of her life.
He is keen to share his cultural experiences with the children both by email and in person when on leave in Australia.

I'm not sure HOW I could share this experience with all the children in care.

It is an amazing opportunity on many fronts.

Lorina

Re: Amazing multicultural opportunity

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Lindy,

Yes, definitely a fantastic opportunity. Maybe you could get him to send postcards to your centre when he is overseas (or) email. Although I think a postcard is more exciting for the children. Use a map of the world to show where exactly this father is located and maybe you can get other families to show where they are from in the world. The father can also come in and give a talk or show the children about his profession and what he does, he can also share the culture through photographs stories etc...

Just an idea...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A