11 children and nappy change

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
mirrorreflex
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

11 children and nappy change

Post by mirrorreflex » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi,

I just started a new job at a Centre.
I am in a room that is from 3 to 5 years old. Sometimes when we have 11 children I am left by myself with them and have to do nappy change.

I find this incredibly difficult because some of the children have serious behavioural issues and have to stop changing nappies to discipline them.

Any advice?

Lorina

Re: 11 children and nappy change

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm

In regards to the ratio - depending on your state - the ratio is either 1:10 or 1:11 so you are Ok with that. However, if you have children with behavioural issues it can be a little difficult to manage them. As for nappy changes, most of the preschool children should be out of nappies by this stage. For those who aren't - another Educator should cover you while you are changing nappies because you cant supervise and change nappies at the same time.

During nappy changes, you should have another Educator within the room supporting you while you get toileting complete.

:geek:,
Lorina

mirrorreflex
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by mirrorreflex » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks. I will make sure that there is always someone there to help supervise if I must do nappy changes.

Seert_34

Post by Seert_34 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 pm

I didn't know that children from three to five years old still wear nappies. I wish you a lot of patience.
My advice to you is to turn nappies change into a game.

mirrorreflex
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by mirrorreflex » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Thanks seert, but the problem I'm having is not so much the kids whose nappies I'm changing, but the kids who are in the other room.
Also unfortunately I have some children who still have nappies at this age in my group.

Nasrullah.shirazi1

Post by Nasrullah.shirazi1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi How can I do this plz.