Songs For The Babies Room

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Songs For The Babies Room

Post by rsvnyn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi

I am doing my placement in the babies room (0 - 2.5). Today, i did a music and movement activities with some songs like 'shake shake shake your sillies out', ' i m a dingle dangle scarecrow' and so on...one of the staff in my room said that it is not age appropriate....and also ' Old Mac Donald' song is not for this age group. Just can anyone comment on this!!
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: age appropriate song

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:59 am

I think these songs are appropriate for this age group. I sing " Old McDonald" to my 8 month old. She may not understand but she claps and laughs when she hears the animals noises I make.... The other 2 songs are action songs and I think they are fine for older babies over 1... It's simple and easy to follow the actions. I also do a lot of nursery rhymes with my little one for e.g pat a cake (her fave), hickory dickory, row row row your boat (also a fave) and many many many more.... As long as they are hearing the language that's being used during the song that's all that matters... Your choices are better then twinkle twinkle little start and baa baa black sheep which I'm sick of! Gosh we need some variety! :giggle: When you sing old McDonald you can even use flash cards of each animal that is making the noise or use an animal toy to begin animal recognition... It's never too early to start!

You're doing a great job with the songs!

Don't let it discourage you,

:geek:,
L.A

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Re: age appropriate song

Post by rsvnyn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:52 am

Thanx Lorina...thats a lil bit satisfying for me now...