Running OF The 18-24mths Room

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
didadi
Participator
Participator

Running OF The 18-24mths Room

Post by didadi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Recently my centre start put some babies start walking which is from 18mths to the different room. I am running this room, just feel dont want to do like babies room. but cant do like toddler's either. anyone running same age group? any suggestion?
Last edited by didadi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: idea of 18-24mths room

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 am

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/d ... -years.cfm

Look at this site .... has a lot of information for this age group that you can use to help you decide what you can use in your room.

Hope it helps

smith76
Participator
Participator

Re: ideas of 18-24mths room

Post by smith76 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 am

I have the 15mths to 2 year room its our jnr toddler room. I do run it like a toddler room but since we have quite a few younger children i have my assistant sit at group times when we do singing or a story. I have lots of sensory experiences because at this age children love to touch everything. My group this year is totally different from my group last year but it is just repitition and getting the children into a routine and lots of teacher child interaction and keeping them busy. all our toddlers sleep on a little bed at rest time ans most are fine with the one sleep have a couple of kids that were having two sleeps but now they have settled to just having one.

if you have any other questions or anything ask away