Ipad Apps

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Ipad Apps

Post by JNP » Sun May 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi everyone,
our centre has just been given an ipad to use with the children. Can anyone suggest any apps. The children are 4-5 years old and I'm looking for fun but educational apps. I actually don't own an ipad and have no idea where to look or how to even download apps.(I'm an older chick you see)
Luckily my hubby can do it for me.
Thanks
Jules.

Lorina

Re: Ipad Apps

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:11 am

HI Jules,

IPADS are great to use with children... There are so many apps to choose from! To get started you can try:

- Little Sorter Alphabet
- Little Matchups ABC Alphabet
- MatchBlitz
- Marco Polo Ocean

These are all free and educational. I use these with my toddler. Although these will also be enjoyed by preschoolers and will support them in their learning.

:geek:,
Lorina

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks Lorina, I think the children will be better at using the IPAD than me....Maybe I will learn something new.
Jules
xx

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:03 am

No problem Jules. Yeah kids are really good with technology! I'm surprised to see how my toddler uses the IPAD herself with so much ease! Hehehe. You could get the kids to show you and it's pretty simple to do!

:geek:,
Lorina

kiaraharper

Post by kiaraharper » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:31 pm

It is wonderful to see kids learn through the use of technology. Ipads are a great way to educate kids. To get started you can checkout these apps:

Math on the Farm
Animals for Kids Forest
What's The Sound?
Learn to Spell
Alphabet Flashcards

Also, if your kids like to solve quizzes like my kids do, you can download this free trivia app which has great trivia questions that boosts the general knowledge of kids. I hope these suggestions help.